Top 10 Universities offering Physiotherapy degrees in United Kingdom
I get quite a lot of emails from international students about which universities are the best for physiotherapy education in United Kingdom (despite Brexit and all that it entails!!). So here is the list of Universities which have been ranked as the top 10 Universities offering physiotherapy degree in Physiotherapy.
But before we delve into the list of universities, it must be remembered that selection of a university should not be made just based on the rankings and league tables. Several other factors which play an important role in selection of a university for your education whether it is undergraduate or post graduate education. Some of these factors include: quality of teaching, scholarships available, friends or family in the university, graduate employment rates, affordable university owned accomodation, social activities in and around the university.
- University of Southampton – Offers BSc Physiotherapy and MSc Pre-registration Physiotherapy degrees. Is also top- ranked for Occupational Therapy degree. Based in Southampton in the South of England. Southampton is a lovely town on the south coast of England (Overall score – 100)
- Robert Gordon University – Offers BSc Physiotherapy and MSc Pre-registration Physiotherapy degrees along with a post registration Masters and Doctorate in Physiotherapy (DPT). Based in Aberdeen in Scotland (Overall score – 98.4)
- University of Nottingham – The University of Nottingham is consistently ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. It has over 46,000 students from 150 countries, overseas campuses in China and Malaysia, and strong links with universities and companies around the world, creating an inspiring place to study. It offers a BSc Physiotherapy and BSc Sports Rehabilitation. (Overall score 97.3)
- Cardiff University – Founded in 1883, Cardiff University is the only Russell Group Universities in Wales. It offers both BSc Physiotherapy and BSc Occupational Therapy. It also offers MSc Physiotherapy and MSc Sports and Exercise Physiotherapy. (Overall score 96.9)
- Kingston/ St. George’s University of London – St George’s, University of London is the UK’s only university dedicated to medicine, science and healthcare teaching and research. It offers MSc Pre-registration Physiotherapy and BSc Physiotherapy degrees. (Overall score 95.4)
- University of Birmingham –The University of Birmingham has been leading the way as a global university since 1900; it was the first civic university to allow students from every background to study at its beautiful, leafy green campus. A member of the Russell Group, this research-intensive institution has world-leading academics including Nobel Prize winners, and offers BSc Physiotherapy and MSc Physiotherapy (Overall score 95.4)
- East Anglia-The University of East Anglia (UEA) is an internationally renowned, campus-based university situated in beautiful parkland on the outskirts of the vibrant city of Norwich. UEA ranks highly in national league tables, consistently in (or just outside) the top 20 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2016–2020. (Overall score 95.2)
- University of Bradford – Originally founded in 1882 as a technical institute, the university was awarded its Royal Charter by Queen Elizabeth II in 1966, becoming the University of Bradford. It offers both MSc and BSc Physiotherapy and is also ranked 4th for BSc Occupational Therapy. (Overall score 95.0)
- Oxford Brookes University – Oxford Brookes is one of the UK’s leading modern universities, with an international reputation for teaching excellence, exciting student life and strong links with local, national and international business and industry. It provides innovative courses with an emphasis on exceptional hands-on learning opportunities as well as theory. (Overall score 94.2)
- Coventry University- Founded by entrepreneurs and industrialists in 1843, Coventry University is a modern institution with a tradition of teaching excellence and student satisfaction. Bases across the country include Coventry, Scarborough and London; one campus is in the heart of the capital’s Square Mile. Offers BSc Physiotherapy and a variety of post graduate study options. (Overall score 94.8)