Platz 2019 undertook a mini-review of evidence-based guidelines and practice pathways in stroke rehabilitation to document the existing stroke rehabilitation guidelines. Based on their review, they found 18 guidelines or practice recommendations.
These the presented here in a bibliographic format with links to the original guidelines where available.
- Royal College of Physicians. Intercollegiate Stroke Working Party. National Clinical Guideline for Stroke. 5th ed. London: Royal College of Physicians (2016). Available online at: https://www.strokeaudit.org/Guideline/Full-Guideline.aspx
- Bryer A, Connor M, Haug P, Cheyip B, Staub H, Tipping B, et al. South African guideline for management of ischaemic stroke and transient ischaemic attack 2010: a guideline from the South African Stroke Society (SASS) and the SASS Writing Committee. S Afr Med J. (2010) 100:747–78. doi: 10.7196/SAMJ.4422 Available online at: http://www.samj.org.za/index.php/samj/article/view/4422/3005
- Bryer A, Connor MD, Haug P, Cheyip B, Staub H, Tipping B, et al. The South African guideline for the management of ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack: recommendations for a resource-constrained health care setting. Int J Stroke. (2011) 6:349–54. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-4949.2011.00629.x Available online at https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1747-4949.2011.00629.x
- Stroke Foundation. Clinical Guidelines for Stroke Management. Melbourne, VIC (2017). Available online at: https://app.magicapp.org/app#/guideline/2625
- Winstein CJ, Stein J, Arena R, Bates B, Cherney LR, Cramer SC, et al. Guidelines for adult stroke rehabilitation and recovery: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke. (2016) 47:e98–e169. doi: 10.1161/STR.0000000000000098 Available online at: https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/STR.0000000000000098
- Hebert D, Lindsay MP, McIntyre A, Kirton A, Rumney PG, Bagg S, et al. Canadian stroke best practice recommendations: stroke rehabilitation practice guidelines, update 2015. Int J Stroke. (2016) 11:459–84. doi: 10.1177/1747493016643553 Available full text at: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1747493016643553
- National Clinical Guideline Centre. Stroke Rehabilitation. Long Term Rehabilitation After Stroke. Clinical Guideline 162. (2013). Available online at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg162/evidence/full-guideline-190076509
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN). 118, Management of Patients with Stroke: Rehabilitation, Prevention and Management of Complications, and Discharge Planning. A National Clinical Guideline (2010). Available online at: https://www.sign.ac.uk/assets/sign118.pdf
- Management of Stroke Rehabilitation Working Group. VA/DOD Clinical practice guideline for the management of stroke rehabilitation. J Rehabil Res Dev. (2010) 47:1–43. Available online at: https://www.rehab.research.va.gov/jour/10/479/pdf/vadodcliniaclguidlines479.pdf
- Billinger SA, Arena R, Bernhardt J, et al. Physical activity and exercise recommendations for stroke survivors: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke. (2014) 45:2532–2553. doi: 10.1161/STR.0000000000000022 Available full text at: https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/STR.0000000000000022